Good oral hygiene habits are critical for maintaining a healthy mouth.
Flossing is an important tool for preventing tooth decay and gum disease. Plaque can build up between teeth where a toothbrush cannot easily reach. A build-up of plaque can lead to the formation of tartar which in turn leads to tooth decay. If tartar has formed on your teeth, only your dentist can remove it.
In order to get the maximum benefit from flossing, follow these tips:
• Wash your hands before you begin
• Hold floss tightly and glide it gently between your teeth
• Move the floss back and forth in a sawing motion and up & down on all sides of each tooth
• Don’t forget all surfaces of your back molars
• Rinse briskly to remove any loosened particles of food or plaque
By brushing and flossing regularly, you can help maintain your oral health. Visit your dentist regularly to keep that smile looking its best!